Thursday, May 14, 2009

Magnificence of Awakening

A new day is awakening.  The darkness of night blue is softly fading away as light emerges at the edges to take its place accompanied by the deep rose that colours the surface of the peaceful water and heralds the arrival of the sun.  An orchestra of birds has begun to warm up and the owl, not yet ready to sleep hoots its presence. One large bright star in the east remains and others twinkle to keep it company.  The moon is on the other side of the house away from the water, lost to my sight and yet there all the same.
Although not by nature a morning person I love these times when awake and alone in the stillness of my house I experience myself as one with the unfolding around me.  It is at these times I feel a deep sense of connection of peace of the immenseness of my presence.  No limits just the huge space I am to unfold.  Nothing to do now, nothing to press against just space, space to flow and flow and flow!
I am reminded of two concerts I attended last weekend.  Both very different performers and yet in both I was struck by my perception that the audience was completely immaterial to the music being made!  In the moment of the music the artists went inside and were oblivious to the 2500 or so people listening and seemed only present to themselves.  I began to wonder and pay attention to those moments in my life.  Standing on my deck wrapped in a blanket being the day that awakens is one of those moments for me.  I smile and remember the oneness of the moment and move silently and with ease into the next, next and next.................

No comments: