Thursday, October 30, 2008

Heat, heat and more heat

It seems lately that as I move through my world I am called to moment to moment to moment to notice, more than I used to notice, about my state, about what is going on in my body. Perhaps it is just that the waves of heat moving through me are so intense they simply can't be ignored! LOL! It is pretty hard to ignore the drops of moisture on my nose and forehead and the fact that any curls I might have had in my hair fall down in my eyes and my clothing is sticking to me! So what I have begun to do is to pay attention and notice where I am, what if any conversation is taking place and what the topic of conversation is about any any other relevant circumstance that have facilitated the movement of the waves and waves of heat I am experiencing! Since I am also waking up at night with waves and waves of heat moving through me and no it is not "hot flashes" I suspect that as the heat begins to move I have been dreaming or perhaps it is just that my body is feeling more relaxed and therefore it is much easier for the waves to move. On the other hand it matters not what had precipitated the wave only that the waves are moving and my body is restablising itself.

I must admit that I am amazed at the depth and frequency of the waves I am experiencing and the intensity of the heat from my heart chakra up. It seems for the past few days anyway the good news is that as all this heat moves through me I have broken my dependence on puffers and am able to stop the wheeze by focusing on dropping my breath to the base of my spine and by paying attention to my inner dialogue....which as you might have guessed is not usually very positive when I am gasping for breath! Oh yes the gasping is not much of a pretty sight either! Holding on to the image of me as a race horse or my beautiful Irish Setter running full tilt on the beach rather than of the beast of burden I had allowed myself to be sure helps. It also helps to say NO and to remember NO is a complete sentence when I am asked to take on stuff that is not mine!!

So I am amazed at the brilliance of my body and how it can heal itself if I ask my intellect to get out of the way...and there is always more!

No comments: